Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Baked Beans, Chicken, and Potato Salad


I decided to make this week's meal on Sunday since I have a little more time to prepare things on that day.  It was also nice weather to BBQ.  I went to the store the night before for supplies and didn't see any steaks that I liked at a good price so I just marinated some chicken in the Worcestershire sauce with some Italian salad dressing.  I let that marinade for several hours before grilling.  The beans were pretty easy to mix up and I followed the directions except using kidney beans instead of red beans.  I hadn't used the charizo sausage before and it was a little strange to work with.  I followed the potato salad as directed but used regular bacon instead of turkey bacon and omitted the scallions.  I made this ahead of time and served it cold.  Overall the meal went well together and was very tasty.  We weren't huge fans of the German Potato salad, it tasted a little vinegary and not much else. Maybe others will have better luck with it?


1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks tasty and I especially like the one with Summy in it:) Thanks for the review and suggestions.