Friday, May 21, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Beef, Beans and Potato Salad

We had “the meal” tonight.  I really liked the combination of flavors the three dishes offered (I am a food mixer – I like a little of everything in each bite).  I used a flat iron steak for the meat instead of filet mignon (less expensive).  I brushed the Worcestershire sauce on, sprinkled on the salt and pepper and let it sit for about an hour before I cooked it on the grill pan.  It was very tender and had a delicious flavor.  I followed the recipe as directed for the German potato salad except I ended up using a bit more olive oil and vinegar than called for to make it moist enough.  I liked the tangy flavor of it.  The beans were good too  and easy enough to make.  Rich thought they were a little too “tomatoey”.  It would probably be good with some favorite BBQ sauce instead of the catsup.  I used a bit of smoked paprika too.   I served the meal with corn on the cob and watermelon and it made for quite a nice meal – I was stuffed and had to go on a walk afterwards! 

Sorry I have not included an prep pictures – I forgot to take any.

Jacki's Pics 164

1 comment:

Leslee said...

What a nice looking summer meal! I agree that this was a good food mixing meal. I also agree with the beans being too tomatoey, I would think some BBQ sauce in there would be tasty!