Monday, May 10, 2010

Ingrid's Bowtie Tuna and Arugula Beet Salad

Oh, my arugula is growing and growing my herb garden is doing really good with all the rain and scattered sunshine days.
I LOVE the salad what an amazing combination of flavors!!! The only things I changed is that I decided to use fresh beets and navel oranges (got a huge box at Costco) The oranges were so sweet….perfect for the salad.
Now the pasta was amazing….I however disagree with the author and highly recommend grilling (or broiling) the Tuna. In my opinion if you are going to the trouble in spending the money on buying such a nice piece of tuna to boil it, you may as well use canned tuna. As you can tell we had our tuna grilled and oh boy that was amazing….Definitely making this dish again.
















1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks delicious. Good job on growing your own arugula1 I agree that grilling the tuna would have been the best option. I am sure the fresh oranges and beets were excellent to.