Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jacki’s Review of White Lasagna

We had the White Lasagne with Bechamel sauce last night for dinner and it was very good.  We both liked it and I will definitely make this again.  When I read through the recipe I was afraid it wouldn’t have much taste but it was perfect.  I followed the recipe as directed except I used black pepper instead of white.  The no-cook lasagna noodles cooked up perfectly.  I followed all of the cooking times exactly.   I was going to add some mushrooms but forgot so I sauteed them up and spooned them on top at serving time and they really were tasty.  When I make this again I will add more veggies.  I was thinking of shredded carrots, chopped broccoli and mushrooms.  Question for all of you – do you think I should steam them slightly before adding them to cheese mixture or do you think they would cook enough during the baking time in the directions?  The zucchini was plenty cooked but it is a softer veggie.  I am looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch today!

lasagna fresh out of the oven – looks a little bland I guess.

Jacki's Pics 224

Served with watermelon, spinach, mango, mushrooms.

Jacki's Pics 225

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Not sure about the cooking times but thankyou for your suggestions. I think when I make it I will add some chopped broccoli with the zuchinni.

didi said...

hummmmmmmm sounds good, we are having it tomorrow. I like the idea of adding mushrooms. As far as adding the other veggies I think that if you chop them up small they will cook just fine in the lasagna. The spinach would be excellent in it. In Brazil my mother used to make spinach lasagna with ricotta cheese (fresh) all the time so, so good.