Saturday, May 8, 2010

Leslee's Bowties with Panceta & Tuna

I wanted to try out this recipe on Tuesday before we left for Arizona on Wednesday so I kind of just used what I had.  Instead of Tuna Steaks I used the suggestion to substitute chicken breast and used a little ham and bacon instead of pancetta.  I didn't have any artichoke hearts so I just used a different veggie that I did have which was green beans.  When I was dishing up my pasta I thought it needed a thicker sauce but it acutally had plenty of flavor and tasted great. I topped my bowl with a little cheese and it was quite good.   Both Sean and I liked it and would eat it again!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. I liked reading about your substitutions. It is nice to know the recipe works well for chicken and other veggies too. I really like your suggestion of adding a sprinkling of cheese.