Sunday, May 2, 2010

Shrimp, Couscous and Green beans in Oregon

Grilled Shrimp with Ginger-Hoisin Glaze served with Garlic-Herb Couscous and Green beans with pineapple vinaigrette

I decided to marinate and grill the shrimp and oh boy that was delicious. I mixed the ingredients for the glaze added some garlic in it and let it sit in the refrigerator all day. In the evening grilled the shrimp and simmered the glaze. When the shrimp was cooked I transferred to a bowl and pour the glaze over it and sprinkled the scallions on top, really good!!!!
We love couscous in our home so I didn’t cook the way Robin had it on her recipe. I like to cook it in chicken broth and add the herbs before serving. It was delicious with the shrimp I was impressed with the combination.
After reading Jakie’s review of the green beans I decided to change the recipe a bit and it was very tasty. I sautéed the shallot and garlic in olive oil until golden brown and cooked the green beans in it with a bit of salt, pepper and powder chicken bullion. Then I added only half the amount of pineapple (4Oz) – I only had crushed pineapple in my pantry - and added the Dijon mustard. My family loved it. I would definitely make this meal again



















1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Great review! Thanks for all of your suggestions - I think I might try them. It looks and sounds very tasty.