Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Chicken Gumbo

Tonight we had the Chicken Gumbo and man-oh-man it was good.  I like anything tomatoey though.  Rich took one glance at it and said it looked like heartburn.   He seemed to like it too and ate it without complaint.  I followed the recipe as directed.   I felt like I was making a nice, healthy meal with all the slicing and dicing  of veggies.  It was pretty easy to make.  I didn’t add all of the chicken broth called for because my pan wouldn’t hold anymore and I was shy about 4 oz of tomato juice for the same reason.  Robin hit it spot on with the combination of all the spices because I thought it had a really good flavor.  I served it over steamed rice with a side dish of sliced mango.  I think the leftovers will be even better!  I would like to try it with shrimp next time.

Most of the ingredients assembled. 

Jacki's Pics 141

Simmering on the stove.

Jacki's Pics 142

Final product served over steamed rice.  Even the okra was tasty.

Jacki's Pics 143

1 comment:

Leslee said...

That looks good. I felt quite healthy two chopping up all those veggies and things!