Friday, April 2, 2010

Leslee's Calzones

We like pizza over here and have homemade pizza quite often so I was excited to try these out.  I made two different kinds of homemade pizza dough, a regular one for Sean and Summer and a gluten free one for me.  For the filling I made a mixture of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, olives, pepperoni and spinach.  Both calzones cooked up nicely although I could probably a little work on the looks of them! Sean really liked it and both he and Summer dipped theirs into some red pizza sauce.  I liked mine too although I am not a huge fan of the ricotta cheese taste and texture.  I also decided that I didn't really like the spinach in there.  We both decided that next time we would like to try them with more mozzarella cheese and less ricotta.  I also would probably use some more different pizza toppings inside.  Very tasty and a nice change to traditional pizza! I am planning to try the soup tonight so I will give a report on that soon.
Sean's
Mine (please excuse the Hello Kitty Plate!)

Summer enjoying her's with her crazy hair!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Your Calzones look quite tasty and Summy looks very pleased with her. Good thing she has her Micky juice to wash it down with.