Thursday, August 5, 2010

Audrey's review of Three-Mushroom Spinach Fettuccine


My family likes mushrooms, so I thought that this would be a good recipe to try out. I used regular fettuccine and the 3 varieties of mushrooms, but used extra chicken broth in the place of the Marsala wine. I think that the wine would have made a big difference. We didn't think that the dish was very flavorful. My family complained, so I ended up opening a jar of Alfredo sauce and they used that also and were happier with the dish. I also served some garlic bread with it and some broccoli. I need to try it again and add the red wine vinegar like Jacki did and that would probably help:) I haven't tried the tomato salad yet, but I just got some more grape tomatoes, so will try and get that done.

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

I bet the alfredo sauce with all the mushrooms was very good and that is one way of making sure it gets eaten:) Good job on trying the recipe tho.

Audrey said...

My family is so funny. As soon as they see me taking a picture of the food, they know that it is for the cooking club :)

Leslee said...

That is funny about you family Audrey. I could imagine the boys would enjoy something covered in alfredo sauce though!