Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Sesame Chicken w/ Bok Choy

Tonight we had the Sesame Chicken with Bok Choy and we both thought it was good.  I served it over steamed rice with watermelon on the side.  I used regular green cabbage instead of the Bok Choy because I already had some I wanted to use up.  I just shredded it and sauteed it in the olive oil with the red peppers for a bit.  I don’t think I have ever used Bok Choy so it would have been fun to try but the green cabbage was really good.  I couldn’t find any Rice Wine in the store so I just omitted it – added a little more chicken broth instead.  The rice wine probably would have added a little more flavor.   I used Chicken tenderloins so the whole dish cooked up quite easily and quickly.  I am looking forward to trying the Hummus and Pita Triangles later this week.

Jacki's Pics 005

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Very nice! I will have to post my review soon too.

Audrey said...

You and Leslee have gotten me started eating watermelon again. You serve it a lot with your meals and it looked so good :)