Sunday, January 8, 2012

Jacki’s Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri and Natchitoches Meat Pies

I made the meat pies a few nights ago and they turned out really well.  They were pretty tasty.  I followed the directions in the recipe except I used regular beef bouillon instead of the low-sodium beef broth.  I thought the meat mixture was a little salty so I should have diluted the bouillon a bit or used the LS broth.  I used the pie crust recipe in the book and it was very flaky and tender.  It was fun to try a dish from Louisiana. 

Jacki's Pics 007

I made the Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri today for Sunday dinner.  We both thought it was quite tasty.  The Chimichurri was a bit of work but gave the meat a really good flavor.  I also ended up cooking the tenderloin on my grill pan on the stove because we only have a small table top gas grill and it would have taken the whole canister of propane to cook it.  It took a bit of time on the stove but it was fine.  I let the pork marinate for about 4 hours.  I would like to try the Chimichurri with chicken next time.  In fact maybe I will do that with the leftover sauce. 

Jacki's Pics 009

Thanks for choosing the recipes, Ingrid.  It is nice to have you back cooking with us:)

No comments: