Friday, January 20, 2012

Jacki’s Spicy Honey Chicken, Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice, and Honey-Citrus Vinaigrette

I made these three recipes for dinner tonight and I loved all of them.  The chicken had just the right amount of sweet and spice.  I used chicken tenderloins instead of thighs because that is what I had and they turned out just fine.  Since it is quite cold here now I just used my grill pan to grill them up – perfect.  I thought the subtle coconut flavor of the rice was a good pairing for the spicy chicken.  I used basmati rice and soaked it for about 15 minutes in water first.  I cooked it in a pan as directed and it turned out perfectly.  Rice doesn’t cook well in my rice cooker with the coconut milk I have discovered.  The vinaigrette had a very good flavor and went well with the rice and chicken.  I just put it on a green salad but I think using it on the Spicy Honey Chicken Salad would be really yummy too.  Maybe I will make that with the leftovers but I will need to get mangoes.  Wonderful, flavorful meal and I would definitely make all of these recipes again.

This is my husband’s plate and I put Blue Cheese dressing on his salad because that is pretty much what he likes but I put the Vinaigrette on mine – excellent.  I actually think he would have enjoyed the vinaigrette as well.

Jacki's Pics 013

No comments: