Friday, January 6, 2012

Pork Tenderloin and Meat Pies

I was getting a little lazy over Christmas Break at preparing meals so it was nice to have two dinners planned out for me this week! 
First up was the Pork Tenderloin.  This turned out nice and flavorful. I followed the recipe but had to cook it in a pan because we were out of propane.  It took a bit longer to cook then the recipe said but I used my thermometer to make sure the temperature was right.  We all liked this.

I made the Meat Pies last night for dinner.  I used a gluten free pie crust which gave me a bit of trouble and I didn't get it as thin as I wanted.  For the filling I substituted the ground beef with some ground spicy sausage just because I forgot to defrost the beef.  My finished product wasn't too pretty but they tasted good.  I think you could definitely play around with the filling depending on your preferences.  I think the easiest way to make these would be to buy the rolls of pre made pie crusts:) 

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Looks yummy. I am making the pork today so I appreciate your comments.