Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tarin's Cranberry Orange Chicken Salad

So I did this recipe about a week ago and totally forgot to take pictures, but I wanted to post what I had done early so that you could see how I did it.

I'm almost done with my 4th week of P90X2 (working off that baby weight :) and I'm on their 3000 calorie/day Fat Shredder diet. It's brutal. I never thought that it could be so hard to eat that many calories, but it's all clean calories.  I've been looking for recipes that fit into the criteria and this was one that I could do...if I changed a few things!

-Instead of using mayo, I used lowfat plain greek yogurt (in fact whenever a recipe calls for mayo I substitute this in.)
-I took out the green onions and celery because we didn't have any.
-I put in one honeycrisp apple.
-I didn't have an orange, but I did have a clementine, so I used that instead, and I squeezed the juice into the mixture to pump up the flavor.
-Finally, instead of using bread, I used the lettuce and wrapped it up in that...delish!

This was a great recipe that everyone loved we will definitely use this again. The craisins were amazing!

1 comment:

Leslee said...

I am going to make this tonight and will use some of you tips. Thanks!