Saturday, February 25, 2012

Audrey's catch up!!

Here is the Cookie Sundae Cup. I mixed up some chocolate cookie dough & followed the recipe for baking it. Once they were cooled, we put the ice cream in & then the hot fudge sauce & regular chocolate sauce. I didn't make the caramel sauce. Brock and I really enjoyed these!
Next is the Chicken & Dumplings. I followed the recipe, but used canned chicken instead of the fresh cooked. It worked out just fine, but you want to wait to add it till a bit later, since its already cooked. Good way to use the canned chicken from your food storage! Brock and I really liked the dish, but Doug, not so much ;)
Here's the Pineapple-Ginger Flank Steak. I opted to slice it up and put it in a salad & I thought that it had a good flavor. I followed the recipe, but cooked it under the broiler, since no one wanted to grill :)
Next is the Natchitoches Meat Pies. They were kind of fun to make, as I hadn't ever made these before. I followed the recipe and it was pretty straight forward. I would say to make sure that you want to make sure that the liquid is cooked out or drain the mixture on a paper towel before putting it on the pie dough. Brock, Dana & I, thought that they were very good!
Here's the Orange Chicken with Snow Peas. As you can see I used Beef instead of Chicken, as my hubby isn't a fan of chicken. Other than that, I followed the recipe and I thought that it was very good! I know that I would like it with the chicken also :)
Here's the Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri. I think that I actually used a pork roast instead of the tenderloin, because they had them on sale. It took much longer to cook, but still tasted good. In fact, I ended up having to put it in the oven wrapped in foil after grilling it in my grill pan. Other than that, I followed the recipe. Doug and Brock had theirs with potatoes and salad.
Here is the final product for me. I had the stir fryed rice and veggies already cooked, so I just added the pork & it really had good flavor in the dish.
Here's the Spaghetti & Meatballs. We thought this was very good, though I will cut back on the onions for me ;) I will fix this again. Very handy to have the sauce and meatballs frozen in the freezer. I really liked the pinch of soda in the sauce to help with the acidity. I will remember that for other red sauces!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for all of your reviews! Everything looks very good. I like the salad you made with the steak. You have been busy cooking:)