Thursday, February 2, 2012

A few updates from Kim

Wow, my life has been all over the place for the last 3 months because of this little girl:


But, I have been cooking and here are a few reviews.

Last week I made the orange chicken. I forgot to take a pic of it. We thought it was good, but I agree it was a little heavy on the orange flavor. I actually liked it a lot better heated up the next day.

I made the BBQ pineapple Burgers the other day. They tasted really yummy but it wasn't anything too special. It was really simple though and will be easy to make again. It was my first time grilling burgers by myself and I was happy it turned out successful. We also made the sweet potato fries. They tasted good but they were REALLY soft. I think I might have added too much olive oil. If I try them again I will add less oil.


We made these as a family one night and they were a HUGE hit with the kids. We ate them for days and days. We even made them again a few days later.

YUM!


A few days ago I made the taco chicken soup. I forgot to take a picture of that one too. It tasted really good, but it was REALLY liquidy. If I were to make it again I would add way more chicken and less chicken broth. Other than that it was pretty good.

My favorite thing I've made in a while was the Chicken and Dumplins. I took a picture of it but I can't find it now. I am really big into textures of things, so I didn't add the biscuits to the soup to cook. I baked them and put them on everyone's plate. You could just tear your biscuit up and add it to your soup. It was DELICIOUS!!! My husband was in heaven. We will make that again for sure.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your little girl is adorable! The little boys are pretty cute too. Thanks for your reviews, pictures and thoughts.

Leslee said...

Wow you have done great at getting caught up!