Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jacki’s Spaghetti, Meatballs, and Sheet Cake

I made all three of the recipes the other night for dinner and they were good.   I followed the recipes pretty much as directed and none of them were too difficult or time consuming – good, solid recipes.  I really liked the idea of using the cookie scoop to form the meatballs although they were not the prettiest.  I also thought cooking them under the broiler was genius – very fast and easy.  I liked the tomato sauce but I think I would try diced tomatoes next time instead of crushed.    The Texas Sheet Cake didn’t turn out so great but it was my fault.  I halved the recipe and put it in an 8X8 inch pan and it was a little too thick plus I overcooked it just a bit and then I didn’t beat the icing long enough so it wasn’t smooth plus I think I added too much powdered sugar.  I added walnuts.  It doesn’t look too appetizing but it is what it is I suppose.  I think it is a good recipe though and I am sure you did better with it than I did:)

Jacki's Pics 026 

Jacki's Pics 027

1 comment:

Connie Burrows said...

Any Texas sheet cake I have had is usually kind of dry. Try Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix. Yummy