Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cowgirl Quiche

I made this for dinner last night and it was good.

I splurged and got prosciutto to use and followed the instructions for the most part. I omitted the leeks and sauteed the mushrooms because I got started late. Cooking time seemed pretty accurate and the only thing that I didn't like was putting the foil over the pan during the first 30 minutes. Since the top wasn't set yet part of it pulled up when I went to remove the foil. I would rather have cooked it for 15 minutes uncovered to set the top and then cover it for the remaining time. But that's just an aesthetic thing. The other thing I would recommend is if you do use prosciutto don't add a lot of extra salt--I thought mine was a little too salty. Also I would have added a dash of cayenne pepper to just give it a little kick.



Doug really liked this and I thought it was okay--the kids weren't too excited by it though, which is surprising because my kids eat everything. We even reheated it for lunch today and Weston kept throwing his to the dogs :) It would be fun for a brunch though!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. I am planning on making this tomorrow night so I appreciate the tips. It looks really good.