Sunday, March 24, 2013

Jacki’s Cowgirl Quiche

I made this the other night for dinner and we both thought it was good.  I did make a few changes.  I didn’t have any leeks and didn’t want to go to the store so I used one onion instead – sauteed it up. I started to roast the mushrooms in the oven but my cookie sheet doesn’t have sides and after about 10 minutes all of the liquid from the mushrooms started dripping off the pan so I then just finished cooking them in a pan on the stove.  I love mushrooms but I felt 16 oz was a bit much with everything else that went into the quiche so I ended up not putting all of them in.  I used some leftover Christmas ham instead of prosciutto.  I used my own pie crust recipe that I like.  After the initial work of slicing and dicing the quiche came together well and cooked up nicely in the allotted time.  I agree with Tarin that putting the foil on does cause some of the topping to come off when it is removed.  Once again, PW tells us to salt to taste – makes no sense with a raw egg mixture!  But, good recipe, good leftovers. 

Jacki's Pics 160

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Thanks for your review. I haven't cooked this quiche yet, but will try to remember about your suggestions :) it looked good!