Saturday, March 30, 2013

Jacki’s Whiskey-Mustard Meatballs

I thought these were good – something a little different than ordinary meatballs.  I could definitely taste the mustard but I like mustard so that was a good thing.  I cut the recipe in half and omitted the whiskey.  I didn’t sub with water but I would add a little next time.  I didn’t have any beef broth so I used chicken and it was fine – beef probably would have looked better.  I served them over buttered noodles.  I forgot to take a picture of the meal all plated up nicely but I did take a picture of the leftovers which I put in a container for my husband to take to work for lunch the next day.  These would make good appetizers too or sandwiches in rolls as PW suggested.  Once again PW said salt and pepper to taste in the directions which is not really an option with raw meat.  I just think it would be more helpful to give a suggested amount.  I used 1/2 tsp salt for half the recipe and it was good.

Jacki's Pics 162

1 comment:

Audrey said...

looks like a good lunch meal :) Glad to know about the amount of salt.