Saturday, March 30, 2013

Rutter's Kitchen-Whiskey Mustard Meatballs

 Here's Ashley and Johnny mixing up the meatballs.
 Ashley's working hard at browning the meatballs.
 Here's our taster's!
 Here's Dana's plate.
 The meatballs simmering in the sauce.
Here's my plateful :)
We actually made two batches as we had a fair number of people eating.  We followed the recipe and didn't find is difficult, but it did take longer than what she said.  I don't know if that was  because of my burner or pan or what.  Also, it didn't seem to thicken up very much until we added the meatballs back in to simmer.  So if that happens to you, don't worry :)  Also, this would be a good recipe to do ahead, at least to forming the meatballs and having them in the freezer.  As you can see from my plate, we had our meatballs with the noodles and we also did the recipe for the Meatball sliders.  Both were good. We didn't have very many meatballs left, so it was a tasty recipe.   I think I still prefer my meatballs in a spaghetti sauce with pasta :)

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. I LOVED all of the photos! Everything looked delicious. Yes, I thought the sauce was pretty thin until the meatballs went back in and the sauce cooked down more.