Thursday, November 7, 2013

Jacki's Swedish Meatballs and Apple Pear Crisp

I liked the Swedish meatballs - I thought the mustard gave them a really good flavor.  I omitted the capers and used ground venison in place of the ground beef but other than that I followed the recipe as directed.  Oh, I also omitted the optional cream.  I served this with mashed potatoes instead of the boiled red potatoes. 

I liked the Apple-Pear-Cranberry Crisp as well although I substituted dried cherries for the cranberries because I didn't have any.  I cut the recipe in half and used an 8 inch Pyrex dish.  I really liked the combination of the pears and apples but the cherries didn't quite go - maybe the cranberries would have been better.  I served it with vanilla ice cream - yum!




1 comment:

Audrey said...

Looks really good! I'm sure the meatballs & mashed potatoes tasted good.