Friday, November 8, 2013

Jenny's Chicken and Wild Rice Soup and Mummy Dogs

I am lame and don't have any pictures!  Sad!

I made the Chicken and Wild Rice Soup a couple of weeks ago and we loved it!!  I will definitely make it again.  That night was our ward's Trunk or Treat and my husband was working late.  It was just sort of crazy cooking dinner and getting everybody ready...which is why I don't have any pictures :)  But when my husband met up with us later I asked if he liked the soup and he said he ate 3 bowls of it.  So...that is a pretty high endorsement from him.

I made the soup just as it says.  I agree with Audrey that you could definitely leave out the last step and have a more broth-y soup and it would be good too.  But the roux gave it such a great texture.  I thought it was kind of strange adding artichokes to soup, but I love artichokes, so I went ahead with it.  I thought it added a great depth of flavor, but I can see how some might not like it.  I used a rotisserie chicken too and I thought it added a lot to the soup as well.  I served the soup with some rolls and some fresh fruit.

I made the Mummy Dogs on Halloween Night.  Again...no pictures.  But they were cute and easy and my kids thought they were awesome.  Next year I will try to plan ahead better for Halloween dinner and get more into the Halloween foods!  Or make them the night before when it isn't quite so hectic.  Fun recipes!

All of these reviews look so delish!  I have had company in town for the past couple of weeks, but I'm hoping to catch up on some that I've missed.  Now that it's finally cooling off here in Houston these fall and winter recipes look so appetizing!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Glad that your soup was a hit :)