Monday, November 11, 2013

Kim's review

I also don't have pictures, sorry about that, I know it's way more fun to read a review with pictures.

Chicken and wild rice soup- we loved this!! The only problem is I used a rice medley I had on hand which takes much longer to cook than normal. So I decided to cook it before hand and then add it to the soup, which resulted in very overdone rice, other than that it was delicious!

Butternut squash pasta- this was so good and didn't take that much time to make. My kids actually ate it and my 6 year old said it was amazing. Next time I will cut the squash a little bigger, I made the chunks pretty small and they became much smaller after baking them. They had the best flavor though! The bacon added to the dish! Also, I didn't have fresh herbs so I used dry herbs and just halved the amount they were asking. It tasted so good, and I will for sure make it again.

Kim

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I loved that chicken rice soup too. Thanks for your review of the butternut pasta - I still need to make it.