Saturday, November 16, 2013

Jenny's Vegetable Beef Soup and Mini Tostada Salads

 I've been trying to catch up this past week and I made a couple of recipes from way back that I missed and wanted to try.  The first was the Vegetable Beef soup.  It was SO good!  I am not usually a big fan of this type of soup, but this soup was fantastic.  It was super easy to make and it tasted great.  I ended up using potatoes instead of barely or quinoa.  The potatoes were delish in it.  And I used a can of green beans instead of frozen/fresh.  Other than that I followed the recipe exactly.  It made a ton and I enjoyed eating the leftovers for lunch over the days.  It was a pretty guiltless meal in my opinion.  I would definitely make it again!
The other night I made the tostada salad.  I opted not to make the tortilla cups, but made the salad as the recipe called for.  I added some rotissere chicken and some avocado.  I loved this salad.  It was another hit...with me :)  My kids are really picky, so they didn't want to touch it.  My husband isn't a huge salad eater either, but he did put some of the salad mix in his tortillas with additional chicken and cheese and he really liked it.  I loved the flavor of the dressing and the cilantro.  I would for sure make this salad again.  It was healthy and fresh and right up my alley!

No comments: