Saturday, November 8, 2014

Jacki's Meal 31

Today we had the Oven Baked Tacos and One Bowl Chocolate Cake. So Good!! The store didn't have any avocados so couldn't make the guacamole. I will give it a try another time. My parents came over to enjoy the meal with us. Hooray we are finally in our house after 6 months of renovations!  Still a lot of work left to do though.  But, back to the food..... For the Oven Baked Tacos I followed the recipe except I used pinto beans instead of black beans. I thought the meat mixture was really good. I used the store bought crunchy taco shells but you could also fry your own corn tortillas and use those. Too much work for me. I really liked these - we all did.  We topped them with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, store bought guacamole, and sour cream.  The chocolate cake was absolutely wonderful. So moist and tasty. It said to cook for 33 to 38 minutes but I checked it at 30 and it was done. I used some prepared Betty Crocker chocolate frosting on it. (Now trans fat free, yea!) I will definitely make both of these recipes again.




1 comment:

Audrey said...

Glad that all of you enjoyed the meal. Good to know about the frosting :)
House looks really good!