Saturday, November 22, 2014

Leslee's #6 and #33

I have a few recipes to catch up on here. First up is the oven-fried chicken. I did use less butter in the pan since some of you said it called for a little much. I swapped out a gluten free flour for the regular flour which probably didn't make it quite as crispy but my chicken definitely didn't come out as crispy as their picture! It was still very good and we liked the spices on it. I served it with mashed potatoes because someone over here has an aversion to macaroni salad, I will have to make the salad for myself when he isn't home:)
Next up was the Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. I used corn tortillas instead of flour which I am sure didn't make too big of a difference. All the Green Enchilada sauce has wheat in it and I wasn't up for making my own, so I just used salsa verde instead. It actually ended up very good.  For the rice I just added everything to the rice cooker and let it run its course. My family thought it was a delicious meal!


I need to get caught up on a few of the desserts, but I did make the chocolate cake! We were babysitting a few of our little friends one Saturday and I thought it would be a fun addition to dinner. They were all good helpers and enjoyed helping me mix everything up. I made this gluten free as well by substituting a gluten free flour blend. It turned out well. We just used a can of frosting and it was delicious! My kids asked for it everyday after school until it was gone!  There is something about making a chocolate cake from scratch!


2 comments:

Audrey said...

Nice job with all your meals. I like your idea about using the crockpot for the rice. Fun to have the kids help make the chocolate cake :)

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks very tasty! Good idea to use the salsa verde. Yes, that chocolate cake.....just yum!