Saturday, November 22, 2014

Jacki's Menu #6

Today we had the meal of menu #6 and everything was very good.  The Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas were easy to prepare especially since I used a rotisserie chicken.  They tasted really good. I followed the recipe as written. You could easily sub the heavy cream with half and half though. Some of the enchiladas stuck to the bottom a bit so I made a note to spray the pan next time. Good solid recipe.  The Easy Mexican Salsa Rice was very easy to prepare but mine took a lot longer to cook than the 8 to 9 minutes it stated and I needed more water. I would also add a bit less of the enchilada/taco seasoning mix. Good side for the enchiladas. I also made the Zesty Guacamole from a couple of weeks ago since I wasn't able to make it then. Very tasty. I added a lot less diced red onions than the recipe called for though. And, last but not least was the Piña Colada Cake. So good! But, it still doesn't beat that One Bowl Chocolate Cake. Now that is what dreams are made of! The recipe was easy enough. I think next time I would only use just a little of the pineapple juice. Maybe a tablespoon or two. It was fun to make and try and very rich.
My Mom rounded out the meal with some green beans and tomato and cucumber slices. The Menu made for a very tasty meal!





1 comment:

Audrey said...

Glad the meal was a hit! We found the enchiladas too sweet, I wonder if I added too much honey.