Saturday, November 15, 2014

Rutter Kitchen-Menu #31

It was my turn to pick for this weeks menu and since I love taco's, this was a great menu to try.  I also wanted a simple menu :)  I baked the cake first and it was so simple.  It is certainly not a low fat or calorie dessert! Once it cooled, Ashley frosted it with our canned frosting and then topped it with the sprinkles.  Next we fixed the taco's.  We followed the recipe except cut back on the onions and used our own spice combo that we liked.  We used the rest of the suggested recipe ingredients.  So simple to do.  While the tacos were baking, Ashley finished up the guacamole.  The store didn't have good avocados, so I had just bought a pkg. of plain prepared guacamole.  Ashley then just added the other ingredients and that worked out fine.  Fresh avocados do taste better in my opinion.  We liked how simple the recipe was.  We set out the usual toppings that were suggested for the taco's plus picante sauce and tortillas chips for the guacamole.  Everything tasted really good.  I think that we would fix these recipe's again.  The guys do prefer our regular taco's that we fix by frying up the shells and the taco meat minus the beans ;)  The cake was fantastic! Everyone that tried it thought it was so good.  


1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks really good! I liked this menu too. I am looking forward to trying the guac recipe this next week.