Friday, March 23, 2012

Jacki’s Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Carrot Cake

We both thought these recipes were VERY good!   The carrot cake was delicious – moist, flavorful, and the frosting was  perfect.  I added all the goodies – coconut, walnuts and raisins.  I made half the recipe since there are only two of us and put it in an 8x8 inch glass Pyrex baking dish.  I cooked it for 45 minutes and it was plenty done.  It would have been fine with a few less minutes.  For the frosting I added vanilla but omitted the almond extract.  It was a quick and easy recipe for a nice dessert.  For the Rosemary-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin I used a 1.2 pound tenderloin and marinated it for about 5 or 6 hours.  The recipe said it would take about 20 – 25 minutes of cooking to reach 160 degrees but it took my tenderloin 45 minutes to reach that at 400 degrees.  I let it rest for 5 minutes as directed then sliced.  It was very moist, flavorful, and tender – cut like butter.   Very easy recipe for a nice dinner.  Sorry my pictures didn’t turn out better.

Jacki's Pics 050

Jacki's Pics 065

1 comment:

Audrey said...

The food looks really good! I'm planning on cooking these recipes this week, as we had Spring break this past week. I will remember your suggestions ;)