Monday, March 19, 2012

Tarin's Stuffed Apple Cinnamon Rolls

I had some extra time on Saturday and an extra apple so I thought I'd catch up with these. I also only made half a batch of the breadstick recipe and it was perfect. It filled up a whole pie pan so I'm glad I didn't make more. I used a red apple, actually it might have been a gala apple, not really sure though. I only used one and it made plenty filling, next time I'd like to try a green apple like they recommend though because felt like I wanted a more "apple" flavor. I tried using some almond extract for the glaze and didn't really like, the flavoring was just too overpowering.  Everyone really liked them though and they were the perfect size and something just different enough from cinnamon rolls that everyone was interested.


1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review and pictures. I contemplated using the almond extract but went with the vanilla because I was afraid the almond might be a little strong so I appreciate your comments on that.