Monday, April 15, 2013

Beef Drip and Enchiladas

I was able to make both of these delicious recipes last week. The Beef drip was first. I put everything in the crockpot for most of the day on low. It came out nice and tender! I served it on rolls with cheese for Sean and the kids and over a salad for myself. Everyone really enjoyed this one!

Next up is the enchiladas. These two were really tasty. I already had some chicken shredded in the freezer so that made these a little easier to pull together. I actually grilled the peppers which gave them a nice flavor. I omitted all the cream and used some milk for part of it. With the sour cream it still had a nice creamy flavor. I did two smaller pans. In the first one my corn tortillas were breaking apart so in the second pan I just layered tortillas and the mixture and it worked great, and tasted the same. We really liked these! Even my daughter scarfed them down, which is saying something:) 




2 comments:

Audrey said...

Good idea about using the crockpot for the beef drip. I like your version of just layering the enchilada ingredients.

Jacki's travels said...

Yum! Everything looks really good.