Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jacki’s White Chicken Enchiladas and Strawberry Shortcake Cake

I made these tasty recipes a couple of weeks ago and thought they were both good. 
The Enchiladas were quite time consuming but I thought they were worth it in the end:)  I cut the recipe in half and only had about 1/4 cup of heavy cream so I just used that and 1% milk for the rest and it tasted just fine.  Other than that I followed the recipe as written.  I agree with Audrey – they did kind of fall apart but not too bad.  I also used a couple of flour tortillas because I didn’t have quite enough corn and both tortillas were good.  The leftovers were yummy as well.
The strawberry shortcake cake tasted really good and was something a little different.  The frosting was really yummy.  I have to agree with Audrey though and just stick with a simple presentation of angel food cake or pound cake or white cake with sweetened sliced strawberries and whipped cream for my strawberry shortcake – just easier and oh so tasty.  It was fun to make this version though too.

Enchiladas – forgot to take a picture of them plated up.

Jacki's Pics 025

Strawberry Shortcake Cake – I left half unfrosted because my husband doesn’t like frosting. I just put whipped cream on his.

Jacki's Pics 106

My slice – oh yummers!

Jacki's Pics 108

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Everything looked really good! Good idea about how you put your cake together