Saturday, April 27, 2013

Jacki’s Tequila Lima Chicken, Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce, Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am a little behind on my posting but I have been cooking.  A couple of weeks ago I made the Tequila Lime Chicken and I thought it was delicious!  Like the rest of you I substituted water for the tequila and put a splash of vinegar in.  I used my food processor to mix everything up but next time I will use my blender.  The food processor didn’t chop up the garlic enough for my liking.  I marinated the meat for about 4 hours and then grilled it in a grill pan on the stove.  I really liked the flavor the marinate gave the meat but next time I would add a little less water to concentrate it more and marinate it for longer.  I sliced the chicken into thin slices and used it in tacos.  I also made the Mexican rice to go along with it. Good recipe!

Jacki's Pics 109

Jacki's Pics 110

A few days ago I made the Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce and the Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies.  In regards to the Tomato Cream Sauce I must preface my statements with the fact that I love the mixture of a marinara sauce and alfredo sauce.  But, this wasn’t it.  I followed the recipe as directed and used a marinara sauce instead of tomato sauce and whole milk instead of heavy cream.  The directions should state to omit the onions and garlic if using a marinara sauce – way too many onions as they are already in the marinara sauce.  The recipe was ok but just nothing special – maybe it needed more parmesan cheese.  I paired it with some grilled chicken and steamed veggies. 

Jacki's Pics 114

And last but not least come the Malted Milk Chocolate Chip cookies which made absolutely divine dough for snitching by the way.  I used Ovaltine malted milk powder and after reading Dana’s review I used half shortening and half butter and chilled the dough for a couple of hours.  They still came out very flat but tasted good.  I think they would be perfect for ice cream sandwiches because of the flatness.  I am not sure if using all shortening would help the flatness or maybe that and a little more flour?  They were tasty though!

Jacki's Pics 115

3 comments:

Connie Burrows said...

You have been busy.

Al and Jenny said...

I feel like I saw the PW herself make these cookies on one of her shows where she takes her kids on a field trip and even hers were really, really flat. Maybe it's just the recipe...

Chicken looks yummy!

Audrey said...

Enjoyed your reviews. I think grilling the chicken is what makes it good :)