Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chicken...

Last night I made the tequila lime chicken.  It was so very tasty.  We thought it was almost as good as chipotle.  I did not have tequila handy so I just left it out.  Sadly I was also out of fresh garlic so I just shook in a few shakes of garlic salt and left out the kosher salt.  I also added maybe 1 1/2 cup of water to the blender. Also, I didn't have any fresh jalapeno so I put in about 6 pieces of jarred left over from the burgers last month.   After marinating the chicken tenders for about 4 hours we grilled it.  Luckily Sterling was home because he is the best one around at grilling chicken.  It has a bit of kick to it but the kids enjoyed it.  Just had some left over on a salad for lunch and it was great.  For dinner I made it a simple meal and served it with flour and corn tortillas, black beans, cheese, lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes a guacamole.  So basically just tacos.  I will definitely make this recipe again. 

-Nika

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Sounds yummy, now I am definitely looking forward to making it - maybe tonight! Good to know the water worked out well, now about not having any tequila handy in the house....who does that?! (haha)