Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jacki’s Drip Beef and Brie-Stuffed Mushrooms

I made both of these recipes tonight for dinner and they were both very tasty. 
The Drip Beef was very easy, smelled delicious when it was cooking and tasted great.  I cooked it in the slow cooker on high for about 5 hours and it was so tender.  I really like peperoncinis so that was a real treat.  (actually used sliced banana peppers – not sure if they are the same but close enough).  I didn’t have fresh rosemary so I crushed up some dried and added it although I wouldn’t do it again.  It didn’t taste bad but I don’t think it added anything either.  The caramelized onions added a nice flavor. 
The Brie-Stuffed Mushrooms were delicious and very easy to make.  We ate them right out of the oven but they would be good at room temp too I think. I didn’t have any parsley so I omitted it and added a little more of the green from the green onions.   The Brie was perfect for this recipe.

Jacki's Pics 105

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your meal looked great!