Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rutter Chick's Kitchen

Tonight Audrey cooked the tequila chicken but used water in the place of the tequila. Ashley made the sauce and noodles. She said it is pretty easy to make. Dana (me) made the cookies. We are also making ice cream to make cookie ice cream sandwiches. 

We chick's liked everything. The guys; however, didn't think the noodles had a very strong flavor. They were indifferent to the chicken. Audrey thinks using chicken broth instead of water would be good.

The cookies were yummy, but next time I think we will put our dough in the frig before baking. I also think, personally, I'll use Audrey's method and use shortening instead of butter. Think they will look prettier and not as flat and runny when cooking.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks yummy! Thanks for the cookie tips - I still need to make those. I do like the taste of cookies made with butter but the shortening does make them hold their shape much better - maybe I will try half and half. Loved the pictures - Ha! Johnny looks like he isn't quite sure about the meal:) So cute.

Audrey said...

Good job posting! It was a fun evening & Johnny kept us entertained as usual :) I just cooked the meat in the oven as it was in the 30's here. I would recommend it grilled.