Monday, August 19, 2013

New Recipes for the Week of Aug 18th

Hey ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA for a while.  We were out of town for a month visiting family.  So sad that summer is almost over!  But it will be good to get back to routine, and I can catch up on this blog!

I need to take dinner to a gal this week and so I picked a couple of recipes that make a lot of food and that are hopefully sort of kid-friendly:

Oven-Roasted Barbecue Brisket- pgs. 154-155

Key Lime Trifle- pg. 126

***Just a little note on the Brisket- I read through the recipe and for their recipe they want you to cook it the day before serving and then refrigerate overnight to prepare the next day.  Not sure how much it would affect the taste to just do it all in one day, but just plan accordingly I guess :)

****Okay, I just saw that the Key Lime Trifle was already picked.  Sorry!  I missed it when I was gone.  Maybe we can just do one new recipe this week and then catch up on some others...

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Brisket recipe looks good :)