Sunday, August 4, 2013

Rutter Kitchen-Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas & Key Lime Trifle




Here's our pictures from our cooking night.  We doubled the recipe for the Enchiladas as we had a nice group eating that night.  We followed the recipe and for the cheese, used Monterey Jack and cheddar as that's what I had.  Ashley fixed the enchiladas and Dana was able to help her roll them up when she got there. We used flour and corn tortillas and I really liked the corn.  I think this would be a good recipe to make ahead or make some of the steps ahead.  We really liked these enchiladas and Doug and I ate on the leftovers the next night ;) We served the enchiladas with black beans and some homemade salsa and guacamole.  A very tasty meal! For the Key Lime Trifle, we had made that another night.  I made up an angel food cake and then Dana mixed up all the rest of the ingredients.  We just set out the different components of the trifle and let people assemble their own.  We also had some strawberries that we added also.  It was really good.  Had lots of good flavors and textures.  I think this dessert would be fun to take to a get together.  Another successful cooking night :)

1 comment:

Connie Burrows said...

Everything looked good. I will give them a try.