Saturday, October 11, 2014

Jacki's Meal #22

We had this meal on Thursday and we all enjoyed it. My parents joined us for the festivities.  Let's start with the Monterey Chicken, shall we? I used thin chicken breasts which saved time and sautéed them in a pan instead of grilling. The pan method worked fine but I think grilling would add a nice flavor. It was fast to assemble the toppings on the chicken and we really liked the flavors. Next up - the Honey Lime Fruit Salad. Another win with everyone.  Nice combination of fruit and easy to put together. And last but not least, the Graham Cracker Monster Cookies. These were really tasty and reminded me a lot of magic cookie bars. Next time I would add butterscotch chips too. We also had baked potatoes with the meal to add a little heft. My mom made these and they were perfect. Overall a satisfying menu!




1 comment:

Audrey said...

Enjoyed your pictures :) good idea about using thin chicken breasts & cooking them in a pan instead of the outside grilling.