Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Rutter Kitchen- Meal #1

Ashley and I were very excited to start the new cookbook! We've scanned the book and have seen lots of menus that we are ready to try.  I started the Chicken recipe earlier in the day in the crock-pot and followed the recipe.  Very easy.  I had fixed the sauce the night before and also cleaned the chicken thighs so everything was ready to go.  I don't do a lot of crock-pot cooking so was worried that we might not like how the chicken turned out.  No worries as we really liked it.  The meat was very moist and the sauce was very tasty.  We fixed rice and also some noodles and both were very good with the meat and sauce over them. 
 Ashley fixed the Sweet potato fries.  Unfortunately I cut most of the fries up thin and didn't mention about cutting back on the cooking time and some were burned.  We were able to eat some of them and they had really good flavor.  I want to fix them again and watch our cooking time :) I also forgot to take a picture as you can see.
I think the star of our meal was the Strawberry Lemonade Slush.  So easy to fix and I actually had all the ingredients.  I fixed it the night before like the recipe called for.  We used sprite as the lemon lime soda and the Slush was so tasty.  I plan on fixing it again :)
I think that Ashley and I would fix this menu again.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Yay! You guys get an A + for fixing the beverage like the recipe directed! You started it the night before. I cut my sweet potato fries too thin too:(. I did fix them again a few nights later and they were very good! Thanks for the review.