Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Recipes and Leslee's Review of #36

For next week I am choosing Menu #36. It has Deep Dish Pizza, Baked Buffalo Wings, and Wedge Salad. 

I ended up making this meal last week and it was very good. I ended up cooking the Wings and Pizza on different nights because it seemed like a big undertaking for one night, but the wings were not too hard so it would have been manageable. The wedge salad was delicious. The dressing was easy to mix together although a bit strong on the blue cheese. I am not the biggest fan of blue cheese so I might not make this dressing again but I liked the salad part of the recipe.

For the pizza I followed the recipe without any changes. The dough was easy to handle so instead of rolling out each pan I just stretched the dough to fit in the cake pans. I liked cooking them this way. It made for easy clean up:) Everyone loved the pizza and Sean said it tasted similar to Pizza Hut. 

 I bought a bag of frozen wings at the store and let them thaw a bit before drying them and flouring them. I stuck the baking sheet in the freezer for just a bit before the next step. I dipped some of them in just butter for the more sensitive kids and the rest with hot sauce and butter. They turned out great. Everyone gobbled them up especially Knox! He couldn't get enough and kept asking for more. I think he enjoyed eating meat off the bone:)


Hope you guys enjoy this meal as much as we did! 

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Looks so good snd very nice to keep the "sensitive" kids happy:). We are making this tonight so I'll post the review soon.

Audrey said...

Wow, everything looked really good! Glad the pizza & the wings were a hit:)