Friday, October 17, 2014

Jacki's Meal #50

Everyone here seemed to like this meal! I really liked the cheeseburger casserole but I think the name is a little strange for it. I prepared it as directed. I used the 2 cups of dry pasta and that seemed like the right amount. Very easy to make and I agree that it is a good make ahead meal.  The carrots were very good too. I must give credit to my mom though. I prepared the casserole this morning and put it in the fridge and put the carrots in a bag with the olive oil. She cooked the casserole and finished up and cooked the carrots too. Excellent job! Thank you! The cookies tasted really good but were a little flat. I think I would use shortening next time in them or half shortening and half butter. Maybe a little more flour? My first batch stuck to the pan really bad and were just pieces by the time I got them off even though I greased the pan. For the next pan I really sprayed the pan well and they were better. I used the bag of little caramel pieces in the baking section - easy peasy.  Good meal. I would make all this again.




2 comments:

Audrey said...

Everything looked really good! Glad that between the two of you the meal was fixed. Good looking crew at the table:)

Leslee said...

nice looking meal! I see you are documenting Pop's beard growth which each week;)