Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Leslee's Meal

Last night I made the chicken and drink. I decided to serve it over rice so I still need to try out the sweet potatoes another night. I decided to cook this later in the day so I cooked it in a pan instead of the crockpot. I added the sauce to the pan first, cooked for a few minutes and then added the chunks of chicken. After the chicken was cooked through I added in the cornstarch and let thicken. This worked well.
The recipe is somewhat similar to a teriyaki chicken recipe we make a lot so my kids really just thought this was that. Everyone enjoyed it though!
I did make a few changes to the drink prep as well just because I didn't plan ahead enough:) I mixed up the water, ice, lemonade, and strawberries and then stuck it in my deep freeze for about an hour. This made it pretty slushy so that was perfect. The kids and I really liked this drink! Really whats not to like, but it was a fun addition to dinner!

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Looks so pretty and yummy! Thanks for the review and good to know the chicken works just as well in a pan. I plan on making this meal tomorrow night.

Audrey said...

It all looks really good! We are planning on fixing the recipes tomorrow night, so I'm glad to see your review :)