Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tarin's Menu #50

Last night I had a photoshoot that started at 5 so I was worried that if I didn't start something ahead of time either the kids would a) have cereal for dinner or b) have fruit snacks for dinner. So luckily the Cheeseburger casserole was in the plans!

I put it all together over lunch time, let it cool and then covered it with foil and wrote instructions on top. And guess what? I came home and there was barely any leftover for me! So I guess this was a win. The only changes is that I used my own homemade tomato sauce so it wasn't very chunky, I omitted the onion, and used bear meat instead of beef. (Also I did make the carrots on Sunday night and forgot to take a picture but I really liked them!)

Now watch out because these aren't really cookies...they might be crack. I am not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies but I couldn't stop eating the dough and then these were delicious warm and the next morning. I used a 1/8 cup size scoop and they were the perfect size. There are only a couple things I would change for next time. 1) Leave the cookies on the tray until they are cooled...the caramel was too heavy for the cookies so when I tried to transfer them to the cooling rack all the caramel bites dropped out the bottom of the cookies. 2) Along that note, I might cut the caramel bites in half, they were just too big for these cookies, but I love the flavor so I wouldn't cut them out completely.



1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks really good! Thanks for the suggestions. I am planning to make the meal Friday. Hope your photo shoot was a success!