Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Jacki and Leslee's Review of Menu 16

We fixed this menu for dinner last night and it was really good. BUT, it was really, really time consuming:) for the Chicken Cordon Bleu bites I used the thin sliced breasts to speed things up. It still took time to cube it up as well as the cheese and ham. We used gluten free bread crumbs and seasoned them a bit. The Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce was good but I would omit the lemon juice and decrease the honey if I made it again. I really liked the Layered Green Salad but again it was quite time consuming to put together. It would be good to pair the salad with a simpler main dish.  For the salad I replaced the spinach with romaine. We made the Boston Cream Poke Cake gluten free as well and it was a big hit especially with the kids. Knox had some for breakfast and dinner dessert today! I halved the recipe.  Another fun menu to make but a little too time consuming to make all three recipes for the same meal.





1 comment:

Audrey said...

Enjoyed all the pictures :) we haven't made this menu yet, so I'm glad to read your review on the time it takes to make this meal & also some of your suggestions.