Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Leslee's Meals

Well it is definitely time for an update from me!

I will start with Meal 23. The Berry Cheesecake Pudding was a tasty dish but almost too sweet to me. I left out the fresh strawberries since they were pricey at the time and just used the frozen berries. I liked it, but my kids weren't fans, which surprised me. My calzones were a bit of a disaster, because I used gluten free dough which is hard to handle. They didn't look good, but tasted good! I did leave out the mushrooms and used a cheese blend I found since it had most of the cheeses listed in it. The Oven Roasted Parmesan Broccoli was the star of the meal for us and I have made this recipe many more times!

Next up is Menu 35 and the Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches. I followed the sandwich recipe as listed and it turned out great! For the fries I added more potatoes but didn't use all the spices. I didn't want it to be too spicy for the kids. We really liked them! My husband was surprised they were homemade! I haven't made the nutella dip yet, but I have the supplies, so I will make it this week! 

We haven't chosen the Ham Meal yet, but I did use some of the recipes in our Christmas Dinner so I thought I would report on it. The homemade scallop potatoes were really quite easy to make and were SO good! I really liked them and will definitely make them again. The ham I bought didn't come with a spice packet so after I heated it up, I drizzled on the sauce top. Delicious as well. I don't have a good picture of it, but this will do. We ate our dinner while skyping with Sean's brother who is on his mission in Peru!


1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks so much for the update! Your meals look delicious!