Friday, January 2, 2015

Rutter Ktichen- Menu #15

I started the Slow Cooker Eight-Can Taco Soup in the afternoon, since we were going to cook that evening.  I used the ingredients that it called for, but I didn't drain the tomatoes, since we like the juice in things.  I really liked that it was so easy to assemble.  When Dana got here that evening, she started the Homemade Breadsticks.  She followed the recipe and she said that it was fairly simple.  While they were cooking Ashley mixed up the Fudgy Brownies.  She followed the recipe except I had forgotten to get margarine, so we used butter instead and we didn't add any nuts.  While the brownies were baking, she mixed up the frosting.  These were fun recipes to try.  We all really liked the taco soup and the breadsticks.  The brownies were different. I think that using butter instead of margarine changed things with the brownies.  Most of us didn't really like them.  They didn't seem cooked enough, even though we cooked them quite awhile, but the frosting was great!  I would like to try them again with margarine instead of the butter.





1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks great! I really like the soup and how easy it was too.