Thursday, January 8, 2015

Jacki's Menu 35


I made this menu last Saturday for my parents and us. It is much more fun to cook for 4 instead of just 2 and have a discussion about the food.  We all liked the meal. The Nutella Fruit Dip was very easy to prepare except I forgot to add the nondairy whipped topping. I just now noticed that! But it was still good. I think adding the nondairy whipped topping would have made it not so thick and more "dippable". We dipped apples, strawberries, and bananas.  The Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches were also easy to prepare and had good flavor. I did toast my hoagie buns in the oven before piling with meat and cheese and then baked an additional few minutes to melt the cheese.  They made good leftovers too. I tried the steak sauce suggestion but didn't care for it.  I was glad I read Dana's review first about the Baked Seasoned Steak Fries. I followed her suggestion and doubled the potatoes AND halved all the spices and even less of garlic powder. Plus I added 1/2 tsp salt. Perfect!  These also heated up well for leftovers. Tasty meal!




Just added a picture of our turkeys to see if you were paying attention!:)

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I haven't fixed this menu yet as we didn't cook that week. When I do, I'll try & remember your review about the seasoning for the fries. Love those turkeys :)