Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jacki's Review of Menu 25

My parents chose this menu when I offered them the chance to guest select.  They even did all the shopping and cooking for it! And, we all loved it. I mean, who doesn't love a good shrimp meal!? The Baked Coconut Shrimp was really fresh and good tasting.  I was expecting the coconut to be crisp but it was soft.  Still good though.  We dipped it in shrimp cocktail sauce.  Mom's Broccoli Salad was really tasty too.  I liked it just the way it was made and I think my Mom followed the recipe as directed. My dad made the shrimp dish.  The Garlic Roasted Potatoes were really good too. My mom said she used a little less garlic than the recipe called for.  The menu was served with fresh from the oven rolls and carrot cake for dessert. Very good meal. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
The cooks



I forgot to take a photo of the meal all,plated up.

2 comments:

Connie Burrows said...

I think maybe the shrimp were a little soggy due to the fact we did not get them in the oven, pronto but let them set as bit so the potatoes, shrimp, etc., would all come out at the same time. I was a little late getting the potatoes in as I forgot they took 40 or so minutes to cook. So get those shrimp in the oven as soon as they are prepared. See if that works better.

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

How fun! Can't wait to try the recipes. Thanks for the tip!